Discover Sri Lanka’s incredible cultural and natural highlights on this eight-day tour. Explore a spice plantation, look for elephants on safari in Udawalawe National Park, and visit a stunning tea plantation. Wrapping up in Unawatuna, this tour is designed to allow you to add on some amazing beach time at the end.
DURATION: 8 Days
START CITY: Negombo, Sri Lanka
FINISH CITY: Unawatuna, Sri Lanka
TRAVEL STYLE: Standard – All of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price. 3-5 star tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
PHYSICAL RATING: 3 – Average – tour may include extensive walking and may be unsuitable for all travelers.
TRIP TYPE: Small Group – Max 15, Average 8
TRIP COST: Shared Room – $1,299/pp, My Own Room – $1,699/pp
PAYMENT PLAN: 30% Non-Refundable Deposit due at booking – Final Payment due July 20, 2018
Day 1 – September 30 2018 – Negombo
Welcome to Sri Lanka, today begins your epic adventure as we traverse Sri Lanka! Your hotel room awaits at Jetwing Sea with check in available mid-afternoon. Don’t worry, if you arrive earlier, you can drop off your bag and explore this Vibrant city!
Notes: Travelers arriving today on our scheduled flights will receive complimentary transfers from the Nogombo International Airport to our hotel. Arrival time to be determined.
Hotel Accommodations: Jetwing Sea
Day 2 – October 1 2018 – Negombo/Kandy
Drive to Kandy, visiting a spice plantation en route. Enjoy lunch at three Craft Shop and Café. Later, explore Temple of the Tooth.
Day 3 – October 2 2018 – Kandy
Explore Kandy with a free day.
Day 4 – October 3 2018 – Kandy/Ella
Depart Kandy by private vehicle and arrive in the historic town of Nuwara Eliya. Stop for a scenic lakeside picnic lunch before resuming the journey to Ella. Upon arrival, learn about one of the nation’s most popular exports with a guided tour followed by a tea tasting at the AMBA estate. Tonight, we stay overnight at this gorgeous estate.
Day 5 – October 4 2018 – Ella
In the morning, begin a trek through tea plantations, lush forest, and scenic ridges to Ella Rock. Soak in the stunning scenery and views over a picnic lunch. After lunch, trek downhill to Ella town. Enjoy a free afternoon exploring the town before taking Tuk Tuk’s back to Amba Estate. In the evening, enjoy a cooking demonstration of classic homestyle Sri Lankan dishes, a delicious mixture of savoury and sweet.
Day 6 – October 5 2018 – Ella/Unawatuna
Depart Amba Estate in the morning after enjoying a delicious home cooked breakfast. Begin the journey to Udawalawe National Park and visit the Elephant Transit home before enjoying an afternoon wildife safari through Udawalawe National Park. Afterwards, head to a tented camp by the lake on the boundary of National Park and relax with a BBQ dinner around the campfire.
Day 7 – October 6 2018 – Unawatuna
After breakfast transfer from Udawalawe to Galle for a tour of the fort and city. Later, head to Unawatuna for some beach time and a final night with the group.
Day 8 – October 7 2018 – Unawatuna
Depart at any time. Transfers from our hotel to airport are included for travelers departing on our scheduled transfer departure time. Otherwise please make your way to the airport on your own and we hope to see you again!
- Local Experiences: Lunch at Sthree Craft Shop and Café, Kandy, AMBA Estate in Ella
- Visits to Spice Plantation, Temple of the tooth, Tea plantation and tasting, Trek and picnic at Ella Rock, Cooking Demonstration, Udawalawe National Park Safari w/ BBQ camping, Galle City and fort tour
- Mix of private and public transportation between destinations and to/from included activities
- Arrival and Departure transportation from starting and ending hotel*
- 6 Breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners. (Allow USD90-120 for meals not included.)
- Local Guide throughout Sri Lanka
- Small group experience; Max 15
- 3-4 star hotels/guest houses (6 nts), camping (1 nt)
- All tour related gratuities and tips, however if you feel someone went above and beyond, you are always welcome to give a little extra!**
* Arrival and Departure transportation from starting and ending hotel are only available for travelers who book flights with Chubit Travel and for travelers who arrive and depart within the designated complimentary arrival and departure transportation dates and times. For specific arrival and departure transportation dates and times please contact the group Trip Manager Vincent Wong via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 866 9 CHUBIT ext 6100
** Gratuities and tips are not included for any meals, drinks and/or any transportation not listed in the above itinerary
- International air and airport taxes (also applies to trans-border flights)
- Incidentals and Applicable tourist visas
- Travel & Medical Insurance
- Beverages & Meals not mentioned above
- Optional tours, Entrance fees, and activities not listed in itinerary